Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Overwhelmed.

That's been my word lately. So much to do. I have a new job, I'm moving in a few weeks after a 2 month search, leaving my home church in a month, going to 4 weddings in 5 weeks including making videos for 2 of those and playing guitar in a 6th, helping Audrey move to Decatur (and driving to see her), flying to Portland to see my sister graduate and climb Mt. Hood, and a lot more that I could bore you with, but that's already been accomplished.

Yes, that's a lot. I think of what people inside the church, and even outside for that matter, say when things come up or if there's a significant loss in your life.

"God won't give you more than you can handle."


I don't really believe that. Actually, it's not true. For one, you won't find it anywhere in the Bible. If anything, people will point to 1 Corinthians 10:13, which is clearly talking about temptation. One of my good friends asked me about that a few years ago and it caused me to do a little searching. I didn't really realize what the answer is until recently. God does give us more than we can handle. And it's so we can trust in Him fully. 

Trust. Fully.
Or with all of our hearts and all of our ways. 

Yes, I'm quoting the probably over-quoted verse from Proverbs  3.  God is my only way. It's no different from anything else in the world--I''m helpless to do it on my own. I need God. It IS more than I can handle. And I think it's a wonderful thing... so I'm deciding not to be anxious in anything but to trust God and believe He will give me the time, energy, resources, and whatever else I'll need to get through the next month. I've been given (or taken in some cases) more than I can handle, and I'm OK with that. 

So on top of all of this, I'm writing a post instead of doing my Perspectives homework. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment