Thursday, November 3, 2011

I've Been Moody Lately

One of my favorite things about Simantel is the fact that they're all about continued education...at work. So many different lunch and learns and ideas flowing in our creative meetings. I honestly don't know if I've ever been in such a stage of humility and learning before (even beyond design for that matter).

Anyway, the newest thing I've been learning about are Mood Boards:

"A mood board is a type of design that may consist of images, text, and samples of photos in a single composition."

They've been super helpful for me as a designer to flesh out what the overall look and feel for certain projects will be before diving deep into a campaign. It also helps take different mediums into mind from the beginning stage so you're not just creating a print ad or logo without web and interactive in mind. I'm posting one that I finished tonight for Mercy International. I loved that I was able to do the logo and pretty much have free reign with the rest of it. (website and videos to follow hopefully!)

P.S. the bottom row of photos are copyright of Esther Havens. They're just in there as placeholders for now.


2 comments: